Airsoft BB Guns Safety Information
BB Guns and Airsoft Guns use air and spring power and are intended for general target practice or skirmishing at organised events. They use 6mm plastic bb bullets and are totally harmless providing safety information is observed. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase; orders are only accepted on the condition customers have read our Terms and Conditions. Please note: an adult should supervise persons less than 14 years of age at all times. No gun should be carried in a public place unless in transit when it should be unloaded and placed in a bag. Guns must not be concealed on one's person, or pointed or fired at another human or animal. Safety glasses and other protective clothing should also be worn when operating the gun or viewing. It is a criminal offence to alter the appearance or paint in a colour of an imitation firearm to make it into a realistic firearm. We only sell black Airsoft gun to persons over 18 and that have ether a valid UKARA membership or that have a valid reason to purchase, please see below for more info.
With regards to BB and airsoft guns, there are many questions that are frequently asked with regards to health and safety:
- Are BB guns dangerous?
- Can I get in trouble for using a BB gun?
- Do BB guns cause injury?
BB guns are not designed to cause injury and to be dangerous, however, they can be dangerous if they are not used correctly. However, if you follow the safety instructions and safety information that we provide injuries and dangers can be easily avoided.
If you have any more questions or queries with regards to the safety of your gun, then please do not hesitate to contact us. You should also be sure to read all the information that you will receive with your BB or airsoft gun before use.
BB and airsoft guns are not dangerous if you take precaution and follow our safety tips listed below:
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded and never assume that a gun is not loaded.
- Never point your BB gun at anyone even if you think that it is not loaded!
- Do not fire at a target unless you know everything surrounding the target is clear. Do not shoot if there is a possibility that someone is near to the target you might miss!
- Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- You should wear protective eyewear/goggles at all times. We would also recommend wearing a protective mask to avoid any injury.
- A BB bullet can easily ricochet. Be aware of the type of surface you are shooting at. BB pellets ricochet more easily off of certain surfaces. The most dangerous surfaces to fire your BB pellets at are: flat surfaces, hard surfaces and water. You should also make sure that the target you are firing at is not at an angle.
- BB guns are only suitable for adults (persons aged 18 years or above). Do not allow minors (persons aged 14-18 years of age) to shoot any type of BB or airsoft gun without active adult supervision.
- Do not carry your BB gun in a public place. Now that BB guns are made to look more and more realistic they can often be mistaken for real guns. This makes them potentially dangerous! If someone (including and especially the police) thinks you have a real gun you could be putting yourself and others in danger.
- Do not alter the colour of your BB gun. It is fluorescent orange for a reason! It is important that the Police can recognize a BB gun from a real gun.
- Always check to make sure the gun is not loaded. Point the gun away from people and animals and squeeze the trigger (again, avoid pointing it at things that it might ricochet off).
- Do not carry a loaded BB gun when climbing over fences or up trees or even when jumping. Doing so could cause the gun-fire unexpectedly
- Take care of your gun. A damaged or dirty gun is more likely to be dangerous and cause injury.
- One rule of BB gun safety that is too often overlooked is that you should always use new ammo and BB pellets in your BB gun. It does not matter if it is expensive. Not loading your gun with new ammo is extremely dangerous and can degrade your gun more quickly.